Ohhhh the feedback on this one isn’t going too well………
Living on the east coast means that I won’t be an early recipient of any Popsugar Must Have box shipped from their California location, as has been the case with the Limited Edition Fall Box. I have zero will power when it comes to not looking for spoilers, so I knew what was coming before it got here, BUT had no idea how I’d feel about any of it until I got my hands on it myself.
Popsugar is marketing this one as a style box. I guess in my head I figured it would be full of accessories, rather than different products from different categories like the monthly boxes tend to be. I was wrong for the most part. Here is what came:
Marchesa Voyage Scarf ($140): the backlash on this one has been harsh, understandably. First, it’s not made with an expensive fabric, its viscose. Second, it was made in China…yea. There has also been some feedback about it fraying after one use and I’m not so sure the colors scream fall to me. Maybe winter.
* my opinion once I got it….it is extremely light weight and I’m not sure the colors do much for me. It feels like it would easily be damaged. I am undecided on keeping this one.
Joie Wool and Cashmere Hat ($90): pretty much anything Joie brand is expensive, so the price of the hat is equal to the high prices of anything else they sell. It’s a nice neutral color, but has also garnered a lot of backlash for being too big/oddly sized. It’s also more winter than fall.
* my opinion once I got it….yes it’s big. I *think* I can make it work though. It is definitely a winter hat.
Indi Lee Brightening Face Wash ($): I haven’t heard of this brand, so I am excited to give this a try, especially if it helps keep my complexion from being dull all winter….there’s that winter word AGAIN.
* my opinion once I got it…it does have a strong fruity smell but I think I am ok with it so far, but I haven’t rubbed it all over my face yet. It says not to use over eyes either and right now I am lacking a good eye make up remover so I’m gonna hold off on using this one for awhile.
Byway Perfume ($): described as a memorable lap dance on their web to holiday baking from some ladies to a public restroom from others, this is yet another unknown brand to me. I’m okay with unknown brands as long as it’s not because they went out of business or had a bunch of stock they couldn’t sell. Lap dances and public restrooms do not = Fall. Holiday baking = winter.
* my opinion once I got it….I fall into the sweet category with my thoughts, thankfully! I think this would be good in about any season but fall. Something a little spicier would have been nice, or a candle or something instead.
Make Silk Lipstick in Raddichio ($25): another brand I haven’t heard of. I looked them up and saw their products carried at high end department stores. This the one item in the box I feel works for fall.
* my opinion once I got it….it’s not for me. It has brown/orange undertones and while do think this is the most fall-oriented item in the box, I won’t be keeping it.
Sharpova Gummies ($5): gummies? really? My 6 year old will eat them. Definitely not the pumpkin or apple treat I would have loved to see in this box.
* my opinion once I got them…ok I ate ONE for the review. It was tough to chew but as tasty as any other gummy I’ve ever eaten. My 6 year old BOY thought it was funny to eat purses.
For $100 I did expect more. A lot of subscribers were let down with the Resort and Summer LE boxes, but I loved both. This time around, I’m joining the crowd. But really, what can we expect….it’s always a surprise, we aren’t the ones curating it and as far as I know Popsugar doesn’t ask us what we want, we all just run to their Facebook page and complain. It seems they are somewhat concerned with the lack of excitement over this, which I can only hope reflects in the Winter/Holiday LE because I already know I’ll be buying it….sucker.